about the procedure
Reduce the look of Smoker's Lines with Botox® injections
To reduce the appearance of the Smoker’s Lines, I will complete injections above the lip area and possibly below the vermillion border of the bottom lip. These injections offer a safe, approved, and non-surgical solution to many of the wrinkles and facial changes commonly associated with ageing and environmental exposures, including smoking.
Your RN Cosmetic Nurse
I have successfully completed professional training in Botulinum Toxin Type A Cosmetic Hylauronic Acid Fillers. I am fully certified to complete these procedures. I will complete an assessment of your skin to evaluate which procedures are right for you.
Wondering about the results?
explore our Botox® gallery
Take a look at our satisfied customers and gorgeous results.
Frequently asked questions
What our clients want to know about removing Smoker's Lines
I will complete an assessment to determine that you are a good candidate for Botox®. This will consist of basic questions and reviewing your medical history. Once your consultation is complete, the actual procedure could last a maximum of 10 minutes.
- avoid taking ibuprofen and aspirin one week before treatment
- avoid blood-thinning medication
- avoid vitamin E
- take arnica tablets to reduce bruising
The procedure is quick, safe, and non-invasive. After having Botox®, the following is a list of things to consider:
- wait 4 hours before lying down
- avoid using heat including hot showers or baths for 24 hours
- avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours
- avoid drinking alcohol for 24-48 hours
- avoid flying for 24- 48 hours
- avoid putting pressure on the face for one week.
This is a quick treatment that requires little to no recovery time. Below are some recovery instructions
- avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by the provider
- avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours as well as extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts
- do not lie down for four hours after a Botox injection to help prevent migration
- it can take approximately four days to a week for results can be seen
- the patient should not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for six hours after treatment. This will help keep the Botox® in the injected area
It is best to consult with a certified medical professional as injectables come in a wide variety of applications and are not always suitable for everyone. Contact me for a consultation to determine the best treatment for you.