Chin (Orange Peel)
about the procedure
Reduce the look of dappled skin and textural changes with Chin Peels
The combination of dehydration and poor cell turnover can contribute to an orange peel look on the chin. The aggregation of cells around the pores increases the shadows and makes the pores appear bigger, while dehydration gives a cellophane-like shine to the skin, increasing the appearance of a rough texture and pores.
In order to reduce “orange peel chin”, a neurotoxin, like Botox® or Xeomin®, is applied to two injection points resulting in a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Wondering about the results?
explore our chin peel gallery
Take a look at our satisfied customers and gorgeous results.
Frequently asked questions
What our clients want to know about reducing Orange Peel Chin
Botox® limits the movement of muscles underneath the layers of your skin and can be used to smooth out the appearance of wrinkles in the lower part of your jaw. I will complete an assessment to determine the best treatment for you including a full medical history, and other basic questions. The treatment is quick, safe, and produces gorgeous results.
The procedure offers limited downtime for patients, so you can return to your everyday routine shortly after leaving my office.
Results can be noticeable within two weeks with effects lasting up to four months.
This is a quick treatment that requires little to no recovery time. Below are some general recovery instructions
- avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area, unless instructed by the provider
- avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours as well as extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts
- do not lie down for four hours after a neurotoxin injection to help prevent migration
- it can take approximately four days to a week for results can be seen
- the patient should not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for six hours after treatment. This will help keep the neurotoxin in the injected area and not elsewhere
It is best to consult with a certified medical professional, as injectables come in a wide variety of applications and are not always suitable for everyone. Contact me for a consultation to determine the best treatment for you.