Masseter Muscle (TMJ)
about the procedure
Helps to eliminate headache, teeth grinding, and locked jaw by relaxing the muscle that unconsciously creates such stress.
Botox® can be used to relax the Masseter Muscle and soften the look of the lower face. This procedure is quick with minimal pain. Using a neurotoxin, like Botox® or Xeomin®, to reduce the jawline and manage migraines and jaw pain is becoming a popular procedure as it is minimally invasive. These injections can also give the appearance of a slimmer face.
Your RN Cosmetic Nurse
I have successfully completed professional training in Botulinum Toxin Type A Cosmetic Hylauronic Acid Fillers. I am fully certified to complete these procedures. I will complete an assessment of your skin to evaluate which procedures are right for you.
Wondering about the results?
explore our gallery
Take a look at our satisfied customers and gorgeous results.
Frequently asked questions
What our clients want to know about Masseter Muscle (TMJ)
When the masseter muscle (used for chewing) is large or over-developed. the result can be a square or masculine jawline. Botox® for the masseter muscle is an alternative to painful jaw surgery. I will complete an assessment to determine the best treatment for you including a full medical history. The treatment is quick, safe, and produces gorgeous results.
Results can be noticeable within two weeks and last up to 4 months.
This is a quick treatment that requires little to no recovery time. Below are some general recovery instructions:
- avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by the provider
- avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours as well as extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts
- do not lie down for four hours after a neurotoxin injection to help prevent migration
- it can take approximately four days to a week for results can be seen
- the patient should not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for six hours after treatment. This will help keep the neurotoxin in the injected area and not elsewhere
It is best to consult with a certified medical professional, as injectables come in a wide variety of applications and are not always suitable for everyone. Contact me for a consultation to determine the best treatment for you.