Botox® is a cosmetic treatment that blocks the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract, smoothing the lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movements. The most common area for Botox is the face and neck area!
Some facial areas react better to injections than others, but you’d be surprised at how many sites we can target. If you see wrinkles, where can you get Botox injections?
Where Can You Get Your Botox Injections?
Botox injections safely relax different muscles in the face and neck; we use them to minimize wrinkles to smooth out the overlying skin. Common Botox injection sites here are:
- Forehead injections can target the horizontal creases that form at the top of your face. One of the first signs of ageing, they are also difficult to hide!
- Between the eyebrows to target frown lines, a.k.a. 11 lines. They appear when you frown or furrow your brow; over time, they might make you look tired, angry or upset.
- Upper eyebrow area to give the eyebrow a lift; injections can relax the muscles that pull the eyebrow down.
- The corners of your eyes; injections here can target crow’s feet, the small lines that form around this area. They come from a lifetime of smiling or laughing!
- Either side of the nose to erase nasalis or “bunny lines”; these form around the nose when you crinkle it.
- Injections in the corners of the mouth or smile can help reduce “Marionette lines”; these are creases that can extend from the corners of the mouth down to the jaw.
- The neck to treat neck bands or cords. Neck bands can form when the platysma muscles in your neck start to sag. Botox relaxes them to make this condition less visible.
- The chin. Here, we can help clients with a pebbly appearance that looks like an orange peel (hence the name “peau d’orange,” though you probably know the problem as a dimpled chin). It occurs through the contraction of the mentalis muscle.
The units per injection site will vary by the client; as a certified professional, Nurse Hope can determine what will make for the best results.
In the first consultation, we might ask you to make facial expressions like frowning or squinting. It helps us find the best Botox injection sites to give you optimal results. Working with a qualified injector ensures that we can target the right underlying muscles to allow the treatment to be most effective.
Where Else On The Body Can Botox Be Injected?
While we focus on the face at Hope Cosmetics, Botox injections can be made in many spots on the body for medical reasons. One of the most prominent examples is the use of Botox to control hyperhidrosis, a condition that creates abnormal sweat levels. Botox can block the release of acetylcholine, a chemical that stimulates the sweat glands; surgeons can make injections in the right spots in the armpits, palms, and soles of the feet to prevent excessive sweating.
If you’re wondering if Botox can help out the lines, wrinkles, and creases you see forming on your face, come to Hope Cosmetics. Nurse Hope will help you with a consultation and show you the best spots for your injections!